How does the 2012 Honda Accord compare to the 2012 Toyota Camry? How about greater interior roominess, superior safety ratings, superior driving dynamics, and lower cost of ownership. These are all part of Accord’s overall excellence and the reason it is a perennial Car and Driver “10Best” winner 26 times over 30 years.
“The  four-cylinder Accord proves that when Honda plays to its strengths, it is better than anyone at producing vehicles with a supernaturally fine (continued from cover) balance of attributes.” Car and Driver, January 2012
2012 Honda Accord On Interior Roominess
While both the Accord and Camry offer seating for five, the Honda Accord offers more passenger volume, as much as 3.3 cu ft more, giving greater comfort. Driver and passengers alike will appreciate greater front seat headroom, legroom, hiproom, and shoulder room in the Accord.
2012 Honda Accord on Safety
Hondas commitment to safety for everyone means crash protection not only for drivers and passengers, but also for the occupants of other vehicles, and injury mitigation for pedestrians. Safety ratings are among our customers top consideration when choosing a vehicle and the 2012 Honda Accord is a top performer.
Honda takes safety seriously as do our customers
- The 2012 accord sedan has earned the national Highway traffic safety administration’s (NHTSA’s) best-possible Overall Vehicle Score of five stars, and earned five stars in the overall Frontal Crash and Side Crash safety ratings and in the Rollover safety rating (with a 9.5% risk of rollover). While also earning a five-star overall Vehicle score from nHtsa, Camry only received a four-star NHTSA Frontal Crash safety rating and Rollover safety rating (11.1% risk of rollover).2
- The 2012 Accord sedan is an Insurance Institute for Highway safety (IIHs) 2012 TOP SAFETY PICK for “Good” performance, the best possible, in front, side, rollover, and rear tests. electronic stability control (Vehicle stability assist – VSA®) is standard. Camry is also an IIHs 2012 TOP SAFETY PICK.
- Accord comes standard with Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, a Honda exclusive body design that enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions. nothing comparable is available on Camry.
- Accord has standard occupant Position Detection system (OPDS) that will deactivate the front passenger’s front-side airbag if a child or a small-statured adult is leaning into the side airbag deployment path. nothing comparable is available on Camry.
Accords Superior Driving Dynamics
Accord is known for its fun-to-drive character, getting high marks from test drive comparisons. Most reviewers like the solid feel and accurate steering not always found in the mid-size class.
Read what others are saying:
“The 2012 Honda Accord’s nicely weighted and communicative steering is one of its strong points.” — Edmunds
“Accords are on the sporty side of the midsize class, with light but direct steering and well-controlled lean in corners.” — Consumer Guide
“The Accord is a favorite of ours because of its willing powertrains and fun-to-drive personality, with good steering feedback and controlled body motions.” — Car and Driver
- Accord has an independent double wishbone front suspension and an independent multi-link rear suspension.
- Camry also has a multi-link rear suspension but a less sophisticated MacPherson strut front suspension.
Honda Accord Lower Cost To Own
Ownership cost is more then what you originally paid for a car, true cost is what it cost you to own your car over time. According to Edmunds.com True Cost to Own, when all variables are considered, the 2012 Accord LX Sedan owners will save an est. $1,106 over five year driving an average of 15,000 a year compared to the 2012 Toyota Camry LE.
2) Starting with 2011 models, NHTSA has introduced tougher tests and rigorous new 5-Star Safety ratings that provide more information about vehicle safety and crash avoidance technologies. Because of the more stringent tests, ratings for 2011 and newer vehicles should not be compared to ratings for 1990-2010 models. overall vehicle score and frontal crash ratings should only be compared to other vehicles of similar size and weight. for more information go to www.Safercar.gov.
Learn More About The 2012 Accord
Research the 2012 Honda Accord download the Accord brochure, get pricing and compare features. When you are ready to test-drive a new Accord visit us at Patty Peck Honda, located in Ridgeland MS: Get Directions 555 Sunnybrook Road Ridgeland, MS 39157. Check out our Accord inventory online: 2012 Honda Accord inventory or call 888-902-1166 to learn more!