Benefits of the Factory Installed Honda Navigation System
There are loads of benefits to the factory installed Honda Navigation System, many that are not available on a portable GPS system or smart phone. Ted Buck takes a 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L with Navigation and demonstrates how easy it is to control many features on the Odyssey by voice. Watch the video below:
The 2012 Honda Odyssey and Pilot come with an available 60-GB hard disk drive-based Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with voice recognition. Both technologically advanced and easy to use, it lets drivers pinpoint the exact location and get detailed turn by turn directions to virtually any address in all 50 states as well as Canada and Puerto Rico, all without stopping to ask someone.
Honda Odyssey and Pilot Navigation System Highlights
- The system uses a “Fuzzy logic” searching function which simplifies entering destinations onscreen.
- In select cities, the system can display constantly updated traffic data on the map display such as flow rates, incidents or construction with a feature called FM Traffic.
- Using the navigation-system setup function, drivers can import a favorite photograph to use as “wallpaper” on the display.
- At the driver’s discretion, the navigation system will choose scenic routes, including National Scenic Byways and All-American Roads.
- Numerous functional improvements make the system more adaptable and versatile, with better graphics, simplified operation and better overall feel.
- Over 7 million points of interest include hotels, banks, museums and local attractions.
- The system will respond to over 1,000 voice commands, such as “Find nearest ATM” or “Go home.” A button on the steering wheel activates the microphone.
- The vehicle’s audio system is used to relay voice prompts from the navigation system to the driver.
View more of our how to Videos here – Patty Peck Honda’s Honda How To Videos on youtube
Learn more about the 2012 Honda Odyssey – Features, brochure, prices and selection