How To Upload Wallpaper To The 2012 Honda CR-V i-MID Display
A little known cool feature on the 2012 Honda CR-V is the ability to personalize the i-MID (intelligent Multi-Information Display) with up to three different images. Take your USB flash drive and follow the steps below.
Steps For Importing Wallpapers From A USB
You can import up to three images, one at a time for wallpaper from a USB flash drive. Select Import Wallpaper from Customize Settings and properly connect a USB flash drive to store an image.
- Connect the USB Flash drive to the adapter cable.
- Press the MENU button.
- Select Customize Settings with the + or – button, then press the SOURCE button.
- Select Display Setup with the + or – button, then press the SOURCE button.
Below is information on file format and image size. You will find all this an more on page 92 of the 2012 CR-V Owners Manual.
- When importing wallpaper files, the image must be in the USB flash drive’s root directory. Images in a folder cannot be imported.
- The file format of the image will need to be BMP(bmp) or JPEG (jpg).
- The file size should be no bigger then 2 MB with a maximum image size of 1,920 X 936 pixels. If the image size is less then 480 X 234 pixels, the image will display in the middle of the screen with the extra area appearing in black.
- Make sure that no more then 64 characters are in the file name.
Learn more about the 2012 Honda CR-V – Features, brochure, prices and selection