How-To-Video: 2017 & 2018 Honda CR-V Remote Engine Start
Possibly the most convenient feature in the Honda CR-V (EX and above models) is the remote engine start. With remote engine start, you can get the engine running without ever leaving your home. No need to brace yourselves for Mississippi’s unbearable summer heat; with the click of a button, you can have your CR-V cooling down way before you enter. Here’s how it works:
Using the key fob:
- Ensure that the vehicle is locked (press the lock button twice)
- Press the circular button (left-hand corner) and hold for 2-3 seconds
- The car is running! IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
- **CR-V will continue with the heat/air conditioning settings that were last set**
The remote engine start is a practical feature designed to make everyday driving just a little easier. However, though intended to protect you from mother nature’s wrath; the CR-V cannot protect you from dangerous negligence. What does this mean? Make sure your CR-V is in a well-ventilated space before using the remote engine start. In other words, do not start the CR-V in a closed garage.
Disengaging Remote Engine Start
To disengage the remote engine start, follow the procedure below:
On the CR-V touchscreen:
- Select the Home button
- Select Settings
- Select Vehicles
- Select Keyless Access Set-Up
- Select Remote Start System
- Turn off the Remote Start System
- Approve the selection
- All Done!
If you have any questions regarding engaging and/or disengaging the remote engine start in your Honda CR-V, feel free to contact Patty Peck Honda in Ridgeland near Jackson, Madison, and Flowood at 601-957-3400.