Tips for your Family Road Trip
Most of us have a family road trip memory. Being in such close quarters with the ones we love can create funny situations, wonderful memories and others maybe more stressful. Make your next family road trip one to remember with a little planning. To get you started we have gathered a few tips.
- Plan the route – Plan for sites or stops along the way to your destination. Uses of a GPS or built in Navigation system can help keep you on coarse and truly make for a stress free trip.
- Vehicle check-up – a few weeks ahead of your vacation you’ll want to have a vehicle inspection or full service if it’s due. Don’t leave this to last minute, you’ll find good service specials going on now.
- Time to pack – Start this a few days ahead and let the kids help pack their own bags if old enough. If you are bringing a family pet, they need their bag too. How about a few small blankets and pillows. Keep the car clean, bring along small trash bags and moist wipes.
- What to bring – Do you have DVD player, built-in or portable? Buy or rent a few new movies along with some old favorites, this doesn’t have to be just for kids. Books on CD, make a special playlist for your iPod or MP3 Player. Other fun things, have a map for kids with landmarks highlighted along the way (are we there yet?).
- Safety first – First-aid kit, prescriptions, important numbers and insurance cards.
- Take pictures – Make sure everyone has a camera; cell phone, digital, disposable or Flip Video. Bring a laptop computer so at the end the day everyone can sit back and see the vacation from different views.
These are just a few, I know you all have great ideas you can share with us from one of your memorable family road trip. Visit our Facebook fan page and share your successful tip or fun experience.
Patty Peck Honda has you covered when it comes to great traveling vehicles: Check out the 2010 Honda Odyssey, 2011 Honda Pilot and don’t forget the New 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour. Current monthly specials going on now.