How to understand my Honda’s warning lights
What do my Honda dashboard warning lights mean?
There you are, cruising down the road with your windows down, music playing, and without a care in the world. That is, until one of those darned warning lights blinks to life on your dash. For many drivers this may be stressful, frightening, or just plain annoying. Worry not, though. If you’re wondering, “what do my Honda dashboard warning lights mean,” Patty Peck Honda has put together an overview of the various warning lights you may see, and their meanings, so you can drive safe and worry-free. Read ahead to learn more about Honda dashboard warning lights.
Common dashboard lights found in Honda models
- Brake system (Canada) | This light may indicate that the brake system has a problem or the brake fluid is low.
- Electric Power Steering | This light indicates a problem with the EPS system. Stop in a safe place and restart your vehicle.
- Smart Entry System | This light indicates a problem with the smart entry system.
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA®) | There is a problem with the VSA system or the hill start assist system.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) | There is a problem with the tire pressure monitoring system, or the vehicle is fitted with the compact spare tire.
- Low oil pressure | This indicates that engine oil pressure is low.
- Charging system | This light indicates that the car battery is not charging.
- Malfunction indicator lamp (check engine light) | This light can mean the emissions control system may have a problem, or the fuel cap is loose or missing. If it is blinking, a misfire in the engine’s cylinder is detected.
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) | This means there’s a problem with your ABS. Brakes will still function, but without anti-lock functions.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) | This light signifies something wrong in the LDW system.
- Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) | There is a problem with one of the airbag systems or seat belt tensioners.
- Brake System (U.S.) | This light may indicate that the brake system has a problem or the brake fluid is low
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) | This indicates there is a problem with the ACC system.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) | This indicates a problem with the LKAS.
- All Wheel Drive (AWD) | This light means there is a problem with the AWD system. If the indicator blinks, the system is overheated and inactive.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) | This light indicates that there is a problem with CMBS.
Honda Service near Jackson MS
After reading this, and realizing there may possibly be a problem with your Honda to diagnose, contact us at Patty Peck Honda. Our service team is committed to making sure you can drive safely and worry-free!
Visit Patty Peck Honda for all of your service needs! Contact us or schedule an appointment today!